Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh, I Wish I Was in Dixie!

When I was nearly six, my family drove from British Columbia to Georgia. I had left Georgia at the age of 11 months and learned to walk on the boat en route to Tokyo. So on that first trip back, I really couldn't remember Dixie much less the "old times there ne'er forgotten." Nevertheless I belted out "Dixie" mile after thousands of irritating miles, much to the annoyance of my elder siblings and parents. I thought this would be a good time to teach that song to my kids now as we undertake the ol' familiar sojourn to my Southern roots and family. Irritating one's parents OR children on road trips is a time-hallowed tradition.

Among other family reunions, with my co-worker Karen's permission to do this without her in attendance, I plan to hold a meeting of the Pastor Luke Fan Club, Southern Division, at Jim 'n Nick's BBQ.

And Pastor Denny, I will wave as I drive by. Maybe another trip we can do lunch in Wichita!

You know, I think people are amazing, and my friends are amazing. Few things make me happier than sharing my friends with my other friends. While I am away, please welcome some of my nearest and dearest, old friends and new, who will be guest-posting on both my blogs, Living From My Heart and Healing School.

I guarantee you will be blessed.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Or amused. Or both. :-)

(I'm not quite gone yet but almost)

Michele said...

Have a safe and happy trip!!!!!

D.R. Miller said...

If I get back to Colorado Springs I'll have to let you know so we can do lunch there also. I thought I might be there often since my Son was stationed there after his return from Iraq but wouldn't you know after buying a house there his wife was recalled and sent to Iraq while he was sent to Georgia. He is now in New Hampshire with their 2 year old daugher going to school. He hopes to be back at Ft. Carson when his school is done next summer.

Unknown said...

I have a fan club?

Beth said...

Michele - thank you and I did!

Pastor Denny - Super, yes, let's do lunch next time you're in Springs. Thanks to you as father and grandfather for sacrificing so much for our country's ongoing freedom, and of course please convey my thanks to your son and wife as well.

Re: that Pastor Luke Fan Club - Absotively! Co-Worker Karen and I take turns weekly on who gets to be Prez & VP. I'm afraid she may have been a little disappointed to learn how well-behaved you are in person, though. Oops - sorry, shouldn't let that secret out of the bag and destroy your stellar outrageous reputation, should I?
:-)