Expectantly she stood at my elbow while I ate breakfast, Etch-A-Sketch in hand. “What would you like me to draw for you, Mama?”
Well, let’s see, a doggie would be nice, or you could draw a horsie for me.
She gave me a blank stare. Clearly, this was not what I wanted her to draw for me. I tried again, feeling like Anna in the King & I, guessing what advice the king wished to hear. “How about a doll?”
Her face grew sunny, “Yes! I will draw a baby doll for you, Mama.” And she sat down and drew a lovely . . . cow.
A few minutes later, I checked in with my Daddy during drivetime.
“So, God, what would you like me to do for you today?” I asked, expectantly.
I could feel His chuckle right down to my toes.
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment